When famous celebrities announce that they’re getting married, people assume that it’s going to be grand and over the top. It’s one of the most important days of their lives and it’s only fair to spend a huge amount of money for it right? Well, the celebrity weddings included in this list totally took the belief to heart. Check out the grandest, most expensive wedding ceremonies in Philippine history.
- 1. Imelda Romualdez and Ferdinand Marcos – The most controversial politician in the history of the Philippines and his lady love exchanged vows in a lavish ceremony that cost them about PHP 16M back then.
- 2. Donna Cruz and Yong Larrazabal – Donna is a multi-awarded singer and actress while Yong was a renowned doctor. When they decided to get hitched, the pair spared no expense and shelled out PHP 24M in their 1998 wedding ceremony.
- 3. Ruffa Gutierrez and Yilmaz Bektas – Although the two are no longer together, the former beauty queen and the Turkish businessman spent PHP27M for their wedding and got themselves included in this list.
- 4. Vic Sotto and Pauleen Luna – It wasn’t the noticeable age gap that caused this wedding to shock the entire nation. But, whose jaw wouldn’t drop when you find out that Vic and Pauleen allotted PHP 83M for their wedding?
- 5. Assunta de Rossi and Jules Ledesma – Assunta de Rossi found her prince charming in Filipino politician Jules Ledesma. It was reported that Jules spent PHP 97M just to make Assunta’s dream wedding come true.
- 6. Vicki Belo and Hayden Kho – The cosmetic entrepreneur takes the cake for reportedly spending a whopping PHP 500M for her Parisian wedding! This bill included the luxurious hotels their family stayed in, the fancy 5-course meal served during the reception and renting out Palais Garnier’s Grand Foyer.